Setore International Pty Ltd ACN 621 995 293 (Setore) recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of personal information collected about both users of the ‘PoleBuddy’ software and mobile application (PoleBuddy) and our other products and services, and our suppliers.
Our procedures for the handling of personal information uphold the principles of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
1. Collection, use and disclosure of personal information
1.1 Personal information
We will generally collect and hold the following types of personal information:
- your name, e-mail address, username, password, mailing address, phone number, social media account ID (if you connect your social media account to your PoleBuddy account) and other information you provide when you create an account with PoleBuddy;
- if you are a business that subscribes to PoleBuddy for business management purposes (Vendor), information about your business that is submitted under your PoleBuddy account, e.g. physical address, phone number, email-address, financial information (i.e. for payment of subscription fees), tax identification number, and other information about your business;
- if you are a customer of a Vendor, information about you when you interact with their business via PoleBuddy, e.g. information to process a transaction, such as credit card information, and any purchases or appointments you make through PoleBuddy; and
- information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of PoleBuddy, e.g. physical location, except where you disable location settings in the privacy settings of your computer or mobile device.
If you do not provide all of the personal information we require, we may be unable to register you as a user of, or otherwise provide you with access to, PoleBuddy or any other the products or services you are seeking.
We will collect your personal information when you create an account through our website or PoleBuddy and when you use PoleBuddy to book appointments or purchase goods or services. We may otherwise collect your personal information in person, by telephone or through written information or forms that you submit to us.
We only collect personal information that we require for the purposes of our business functions and activities. If you provide us with personal information about a third party, you warrant that that third party consents to us collecting and using their personal information in accordance with this Policy.
1.3 Use and Disclosure
We will use and disclose personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, for other related purposes that you would reasonably expect, and as otherwise permitted or required by law.
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us holding, using and disclosing your personal information for the following purposes:
- to create your user account;
- to identify you as a user of PoleBuddy;
- to provide our products and services to you;
- to remind you of appointments you have made through PoleBuddy;
- to communicate with you and provide information to you about our business, including to send you newsletters, surveys, offers and other promotional materials; and
- o respond to enquiries and provide you with information you have requested.
We may disclose personal information to third party contractors who may be performing services for us, or a third party where we are required or authorised by law to do so. If we disclose information to a third party, we generally require that the third party protect your information to the same extent that we do. We will not otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent.
We use a range of industry-standard security measures to protect personal information from misuse, interference, loss or unauthorised use, modification or disclosure, including without limitation, to encrypt credit card numbers using industry standard technology.
We hold your personal information as either physical records, records on our servers, and in some cases, records on third party servers, which may be located overseas.
This Policy is current as at June 15, 2017.
We reserve the right to amend this Policy at any time, without notice to you, to ensure that we maintain the highest standards. The date of this Policy will inform you as to whether there have been updates since your last visit.
4. Any questions?
If you have any questions or concerns about our management of your personal information, or if you wish to update or correct your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer at the details set out below:
PO Box 38, Dernancourt, 5075, South Australia, Australia
Tel. +61 8 7231 9939